Sunday, March 9, 2008

I will go where You want me to go....























Patiently waiting for family
- notice the unopened envelope under his elbow.


















Blain trying to contact Mark and I on speakerphone
- notice the envelope, still unopened.


















Still waiting-
I am trying to conference in Grandma and Grandpa Thomas, Blain is still waiting
- boy does he have patience! (:


















Cousin Tanner getting Grandma and Grandpa Butler on the phone.


















Finally...
The envelope is being opened!


















The excitement is building...
Everyone was on the edge of their seats.


















Blain is reading his call...

TUCSON, ARIZONA!

No one won the $1,000 that Grandpa Butler put up if you guessed the right place (he still doesn't know that he offered it though). But I thought I heard, I could be wrong, that Grandpa Thomas also offered $1,000 (not to be out done) if someone guessed the right state. And wouldn't you know, I guessed Phoenix, Arizona. You can make that check out to L O R R I T H O M A S (or slip it in my easter basket).

















Blain was thrilled to be learning "SPANISH", notice the cell phone on the couch and in his hand, everyone heard the announcement at the same time.

















Blain is reading the information from his booklet that he received with his call. He will check into the MTC on May 21st. We are very proud of him!
























"The Call"
























Elder Blain C Thomas


Thank you to Wendi for taking pictures and helping us be apart of this great day in Blain's life!

2 comments:

CHarris said...

Way to go Blain!! We are so excited for you! Congratulations!!

kthom said...

Fantastic people are born in Tucson, as are missionaries who serve there! Yea Blain, we love you!!