Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1/2 Marathon....and 5K

For some it was a half marathon, for others it was just a 5K.

Mark successfully completed his very first race ever--a half marathon no less! We're so proud of him!! He ran the St. George Painter's Half Marathon on January 17th and did a great job. He ran the whole way except through the water stops, when he walked.


I got a pretty bad cold that lasted about two weeks toward the end of my training, which kind of put me out of the running (ha, get it?) for the 1/2. I ended up running the 5K that day, and then went and met up with Mark and ran the last mile and half with him. It was fun! Some other friends of ours ran the 1/2 that day too, but since I ran the shortest distance, I didn't feel worthy to be in the group photo, so I took it!

No comments: